2021 WiML Board of Directors Call
WiML is seeking motivated and responsible individuals to join the Women in Machine Learning (WiML) Board of Directors. This is a great opportunity to support the community of women in machine learning.
How to Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send a resume/CV and a brief letter of interest highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com
with the subject “Director 2021 Application.” DEADLINE: 15-Oct-2020
WiML is an organization that aims to enhance the experience of women in ML and increase the representation and impact of women in ML. More information on our mission and events can be found at https://wimlworkshop.org
WiML’s Board oversees the governance and administration of its activities, ensuring its work serves to enhance the experience of women in ML. A WiML board member is a voting member of the WiML Board of Directors. A strong candidate is inspired by WiML’s mission and desires to concretely contribute by volunteering time to the organization. Responsibilities begin April 1, 2021 (term ends March 31, 2022). This is an unpaid position (as are all voting board seats) and currently requires 3-5 hours per week.
We are looking for members to help us with all aspects of our organization including: helping organize and coordinate events, helping with financial tasks and fundraising, helping with social media and record keeping, and helping with policies that govern the organization. We are specifically looking for someone to fill our Treasurer role next year as well as take on the VP Events role.
- Understand WiML’s policies and ensure WiML operates in line with good governance practices
- Help shape the policies and activities of WiML, for example in organizing workshops and engaging with sponsors and donors
- Participate in monthly WiML board meetings
- Working professional in an ML / ML-adjacent field (PhD is not required)
- Willing to commit 3-5 hours per week on WiML responsibilities at the onset of the position (to reduce over time as work is distributed)
- Experience serving on a non-profit board