WiML Board of Directors Call — Policy and Research Committee
Above image from #WOCinTechChat, Creative Commons License
Seeking a motivated and responsible individual to join the Women in Machine Learning (WiML) Board of Directors as a member of the Policy and Research Committee. This is a great opportunity to support the community of women in machine learning. The deadline to apply is September 8, 2019.
WiML is an organization that aims to enhance the experience of women in ML and increase the representation and impact of women in ML. More information on our mission and events can be found at https://wimlworkshop.org.
The Policy and Research board member is a voting member of the WiML Board of Directors. A strong candidate is inspired by WiML’s mission and desires to concretely contribute by volunteering time to the organization. Responsibilities begin October 2019 (term ends March 31, 2021). This is an unpaid position (as are all voting board seats) and currently requires 3-5 hours per week.
The WiML board is supportive and collaborative. The new board member would be serving as part of a team.
- Understanding of WiML’s policies
- Lead updates to policies to ensure compliance with current laws and best practices
- Oversight of policy implementation to ensure compliance with written policies
- Participation in monthly WiML board meetings
- Working professional in an ML / ML-adjacent field (PhD is not required)
- Willing to commit 3-5 hours per week on WiML responsibilities at the onset of the position (to reduce over time as work is distributed)
- Juris Doctor or legal expertise for non-profits
- Experience drafting policies associated with setting up a nonprofit organization, such as policies referred to in IRS Form 990
- Experience serving on a non-profit board
Note: anyone of any gender is welcome to apply. Any questions about the position can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, interested candidates should send a resume/CV and a brief letter of interest highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com with the subject “Policy and Research position.”
DEADLINE: September 8, 2019